A supplemental post to 101 Digital Marketing & Fundraising Best Practices for Nonprofits, the website statistics listed below can guide your nonprofit in creating and maintaining a website that maximizes the user experience and fundraising success.
- 94% of consumers/donors say that their first impression of a brand is based on its website’s design. [Web FX]
- 25% of website visitors will abandon a website if it takes more than four seconds to load. [Website Builder Expert]
- 58% of nonprofits use WordPress.org as their content management system (CMS) for their website (7% use Wix, 6% use Squarespace, and 5% use Drupal). [Nonprofit Tech for Good Report]
- 75% use the .org domain for their primary website and email communications. [Nonprofit Tech for Good Report]
- 94% of nonprofits have a website that is optimized for mobile browsing. [Nonprofit Tech for Good Report]
- 22% of nonprofits have websites designed for those with visual and hearing disabilities. [Nonprofit Tech for Good Report]
- 20% have a website that is available in more than one language. [Nonprofit Tech for Good Report]
- 68% have redesigned their website within the last three years. [Nonprofit Tech for Good Report]
- 28% use email subscribe popups on their website. [Nonprofit Tech for Good Report]
- Nonprofits have an average of 12,708 website visitors per month. [NextAfter]
- Nonprofits average a 60-70% bounce rate – a good bounce rate is between 40% or below – indicating that that improvements are needed to engage visitors and encourage them to explore more of your website. [Impact SEO]
- Mobile users represented 57% of all visits to nonprofit websites, with 43% of traffic from users on desktop devices. [M+R Benchmarks]
- Organic traffic (website traffic generated by unpaid search results) comprised 38% of all nonprofit website visits in 2022. [M+R Benchmarks]
- The top three sources of website traffic are: Direct (22%) Organic Search (17%) Social (16%). [Hubspot]
- Visitors on desktop devices made up the majority of donation transactions (63%) and revenue (75%). [M+R Benchmarks]
- Overall, 0.23% of organic website visitors made a donation, generating an average of $0.77 per visitor. [M+R Benchmarks]
- The average online gift is $204 USD. [Blackbaud]
- 68% of online donors most trust websites and email addresses that use the .org domain. [Global Trends in Giving Report]
- 68% of nonprofits have a website security plan in place. [Nonprofit Tech for Good Report]
- 84% of nonprofits have an SSL. [Nonprofit Tech for Good Report]
- 27% of nonprofits worldwide have experienced a cyberattack. [Nonprofit Tech for Good Report]
Our Certificate in Digital Marketing & Fundraising program covers the fundamentals of website design, email marketing, online fundraising, and social media for nonprofits.
The program requires the completion of three webinars and costs a total of $100 USD. To earn the certificate, you can attend the webinars live or view the recordings – or a combination of both. Learn more & register!