January 10, 2020 Update: We have signed on 45 amazing partners worldwide for the 2020 Global Trends in Giving Report and the call for applications is now closed. Thank you!
The third edition of the Global Trends in Giving Report (the sister report to the 2019 Global NGO Technology Report) will be published September 14, 2020, and for the first time, we are conducting an open call for partners worldwide.
Our partnership model is simple and innovative: in exchange for promoting the 2020 Global Trends in Giving Survey to donors and supporters of nonprofit organizations in your country from March 1 through May 31, 2020, our partners receive the anonymized survey data for their country or cause. By crowdsourcing our research, we’re able to increase the participation of donors and supporters throughout the globe.
For the 2020 Global Trends in Giving Report, we are seeking partners that are nonprofit organizations, service providers, and/or media outlets who are willing to promote the online survey via email and on social media. The survey will be published in Arabic, English, French, Italian, Mandarin, Portuguese, and Spanish.
Example 1: You are an environmental nonprofit based in Spain. In exchange for promoting the survey, you will receive the data for environmental donors based in Spain.
Example 2: You are a media outlet in South Africa. In exchange for promoting the survey, you’ll receive the data for donors based in South Africa.
Example 3: You are a crowdfunding website in Brazil. In exchange for promoting the survey, you’ll receive the data for donors based in Brazil.
Example 4: You are a volunteer recruitment website in Malaysia. In exchange for promoting the survey, you’ll receive the data for volunteers who are also donors in Malaysia.
It is important to note that the survey is anonymous and so is the data. There is no personal identifiable information (name, mailing address, email, etc.). Please download the 2018 Global Trends in Giving Report to get an understanding of what kind of data will be provided in exchange for your partnership.
Benefits of Partnership
- The anonymized survey data (in Excel) for the survey respondents based in your country and/or for your cause. Your organization has exclusive access to this data. You can then publish your own report, blog post(s), news articles, social media posts, etc. about giving trends in your country using the data.
- Your organization will be listed on the 2020 Global Trends in Giving Survey website (to be published March 1, 2020) and in the report itself.
- A set of digital graphics for your email promotion and social media campaigns to which you can add your organization’s logo.
Responsibilities of Partnership
- Promote the survey to your email list at least twice and regularly on social media throughout the survey promotional period lasting from March 1 through May 31, 2020.
- Share your data and the results of the 2020 Global Trends in Giving Report with your email list and social communities.
- There are occasional opportunities to participate in webinars, Twitter Chats, and Facebook Live events during the launch of the 2020 Global Trends in Giving Report.
About the Report
Sponsored by Funraise and produced by Nonprofit Tech for Good, the Global Trends in Giving Report is a research project that seeks to gain a better understanding of how donors prefer to give and engage with their favorite causes and charitable organizations. The Global Trends in Giving Report is unique in that it is the only annual study dedicated to analyzing the giving habits of donors worldwide.
The Global NGO Technology Report is a biennial research project that seeks to gain a better understanding of how non-governmental organizations (NGOs) worldwide use web and email communications, online fundraising tools, social media, mobile technology, and productivity software. Now in its fourth edition, this year’s report provides technology benchmarks for Africa, Asia, Australia and New Zealand, Europe, Latin America and the Caribbean, and the United States and Canada.