7,106 people worldwide participated in the survey for the 2018 Global Trends in Giving Report. Of those, 1,049 responded that they had not given to charity within the last 12 months. Here are six reasons why:
1) 43% responded that they do not give to charity because they do not have the financial resources.
2) 20% volunteer in lieu of making donations.
3) 17% donate goods and/or services in lieu of making a donation.
4) 12% don’t trust organizations to spend their money well.
5) 6% prefer to spend their money on their family and friends.
6) 2% don’t believe that organizations make a positive difference
Furthermore, 52% of these non-donors said it was unlikely that they would donate to charity in the next 12 months. That said, those that do not give money to charity, do participate in civic life and are involved in charitable programs – just not as much as donors.
Lifestyle Choices of Non-Donors Worldwide
Lifestyle Choices of Donors Worldwide
For more insight in to global trends in giving, please download the 2018 Global Trends in Giving Report. 🌎