Spring is report season in the nonprofit sector. A slew of new data is released and this year the emerging theme is that online fundraising is rapidly rising, especially on mobile devices. Nonprofits that have not yet adopted a mobile-first approach to online communications and fundraising can use the new data to help convince executive staff and board that a new mobile-compatible website should be high on their priority list. Crowdfunding, peer-to-peer fundraising, monthly giving, and email fundraising is also proving to be effective, as you can read and see below.
1. Responsive design doubles giving on mobile devices.
2. Facebook refers 29.4% of traffic to donation pages
Source: Artez Interactive
3. Fifty-five percent of those who engage with nonprofits via social media have been inspired to take further action.
Source: Waggener Edstrom
4. For every 1,000 fundraising emails sent
a nonprofit raises $17.
Source: M+R and NTEN
5. Monthly donors give 42% more in one-year than
Source: Network for Good
6. Sixty-four percent of Millennials prefer to fundraise through walk/run/cycling events.
Source: Millennial Impact
7. Walk/run/cycling event fundraisers who send more than 15 emails raise 76% more than non-email senders.
8. The average nonprofit crowdfunding campaign
9. Online giving grew 13.5% in 2013.
10. Ten percent of annual giving occurs on the last
three days of the year.
11. Custom-branded donate pages nested inside a nonprofit’s website raise 6X more money.
12. Sixty-four percent of donations are made by women.
Source: Everyday Hero
13. Nonprofits share a daily average of 1.2 updates on Facebook and 5.3 tweets.
Source: M+R and NTEN
14. Thirty percent of nonprofits are experimenting
Source: Nonprofit Marketing Guide
Mobile for Good: A How-To Fundraising Guide for Nonprofits
Based on more than 20 years of experience and 25,000+ hours spent utilizing mobile and social media, Mobile for Good: A How-To Fundraising Guide for Nonprofits is a comprehensive 256-page book packed with more than 500 best practices. Written on the premise that all communications and fundraising are now mobile and social, Mobile for Good is a step-by-step how-to guide for writing, implementing, and maintaining a mobile and social fundraising strategy for your nonprofit.