The National Retail Federation expects online holiday sales in the United States to increase 14 percent to $163 billion in 2019. By shopping at any of the 48 online stores listed below, socially conscious and ethical consumers can channel some of their consumer spending power into the nonprofit sector and the Greater Good. For those that prefer to donate money as gifts, consider purchasing a charity gift card from TisBest.org.
Online Stores by Nonprofits
1) ACLU Store :: shop.aclu.org
Proceeds benefit the American Civil Liberties Union, a nonprofit that works to defend the rights and liberties guaranteed by the Constitution and laws of the United States.
2) Amnesty International Store :: shop.amnestyusa.org
Proceeds benefit Amnesty International, a nonprofit that works for the human rights of all people – no matter who they are or where they are.
3) Animals Asia Shop :: shop.animalsasia.org
Proceeds benefit Animals Asia work to end bear bile farming and improving the welfare of animals in China and Vietnam.
4) Art Institute of Chicago Museum Shop :: shop.artic.edu
The Art Institute of Chicago Museum Shop sells unique and beautiful objects from around the world in support of the arts.
5) Best Friends Animal Society Store :: shop.bestfriends.org
Proceeds benefit the Best Friends Animal Society, a nonprofit working to end the killing in America’s animal shelters through adoption, spay and neuter education, and no-kill initiatives.
6) Field Museum Store :: store.fieldmuseum.org
The Field Museum Store offers gifts for those interested in science and cultural, natural, and human history.
7) First Book Marketplace :: fbmarketplace.org
Proceeds benefit First Book, a nonprofit that provides new books and educational resources to schools and programs in low-income communities.
8) Getty Store :: shop.getty.edu
The Getty Store enhances knowledge and appreciation of the arts by providing unique high-quality merchandise and books that reflect the Getty Museum as a whole.
9) Global Goods Partners :: globalgoodspartners.org
Global Goods Partners have partnered with over 60 artisan groups in more than 20 countries throughout Asia, Africa, and the Americas to help bring to market the fair trade, handcrafted products they produce.
10) Human Rights Campaign Nonprofit Store :: shop.hrc.org
100% of net proceeds go directly to support the work of HRC to improve the lives of LGBTQ Americans.
11) MoMa Design Store :: store.moma.org
Classic modern and cutting edge design products for adults and kids, including items produced exclusively for the Museum of Modern Art (New York).
12) National Park Foundation Gift Shop :: nationalparks.org/gift-shop
The National Park Foundation offer their supporters a great way to show their love for the national parks – while supporting them at the same time.
13) NPR Shop :: shop.npr.org
Every purchase supports NPR programming by purchasing NPR-branded clothing, accessories, and gifts.
14) National Wildlife Federation Store :: shopnwf.org
Purchases support the NWF’s mission to ensure wildlife thrive in a rapidly changing world.
15) PBS Kids Shop :: shop.pbskids.org
From books and DVDs to toys and party supplies, playtime has never been more educational and fun.
16) PETA Shop :: shop.peta.org
All profits from merchandise sales go directly toward supporting PETA’s work for animals.
17) Serrv International :: serrv.org
Serrv International is a nonprofit dedicated to fighting global poverty through fair and ethical trade.
18) SFMOMA Museum Store :: museumstore.sfmoma.org
The SFMOMA Museum Store offers the West Coast’s finest selection of modern and contemporary art books, as well as innovative design objects and furnishings, contemporary jewelry and apparel, toys, and posters and stationery.
19) Sierra Club Store :: store.sierraclub.org
All proceeds go towards helping the Sierra Club promote the responsible use of the earth’s ecosystems and resources.
20) St. Jude Gift Shop :: giftshop.stjude.org
One-of-a-kind gifts designed to help St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital continue to treat and defeat childhood cancer and other deadly diseases.
21) Surfrider Foundation Store :: shop.surfrider.org
22) Survival Shop :: shop.survivalinternational.org
23) Ten Thousand Villages :: tenthousandvillages.com
Shop for unique, handmade gifts from around the world including fair trade baskets, jewelry, and crafts from artisans located in nearly 40 countries.
24) UNICEF Market :: market.unicefusa.org
Proceeds go to both the talented artisans that create the beautifully crafted products in the UNICEF Market and to help UNICEF save and protect children.
25) World Wildlife Fund Gifts :: gifts.worldwildlife.org
Help create a safer world for wildlife, protect amazing places, and build a future where people live in harmony with nature by purchasing a gift from WWF’s Gift Center.
26) Conscious Step :: consciousstep.com
Each pair of socks is uniquely designed, ethically manufactured and partnered with a first-class nonprofit to fund impact for the world’s to-do list: the United Nations Millennium Development Goals.
27) Fair Indigo :: fairindigo.com
Organic, ethically-produced clothing that benefits Peruvian communities where their cotton is grown, their alpacas are herded, and their products are made.
28) Home T :: thehomet.com
T-shirts and sweatshirts that show state pride and 10% of the profits are donated to multiple sclerosis research.
29) Ivory Ella :: ivoryella.com
Apparel for those who love elephants – 10% of the profits are donated to organizations working to sustain elephant populations.
30) Shelby Reef :: shelbyreef.com
10% of the proceeds of sales of Shelby Reef’s short and long-sleeved shirts go to help save sharks and clean up our oceans.
31) Skylar Yoo :: skylaryoo.com
Modern feminist apparel that makes a difference – 20% of the profits are donated to nonprofits that empower girls through education.
Food & Drink
32) Elephant Origins :: elephantorigins.com
Ethically sourced tea from Certified Elephant Friendly™ Tea farms that help avoid human/elephant conflict by providing safe passage for elephants.
33) Gorilla Conservation Coffee :: pangols.com
20% of profits from Gorilla Conservation Coffee goes to help conserve critically endangered gorillas and their fragile habitat in the Bwindi Impenetrable Forest, Uganda.
34) ONEHOPE Wine :: onehopewine.com
To date, ONEHOPE Wine has raised nearly $5 million for nonprofits worldwide.
35) Peace By Chocolate :: peacebychocolate.ca
Peace By Chocolate donates 3-5% of all company profits to the Peace On Earth Society – an organization registered in Nova Scotia that donates funds to peace-building projects around the world.
36) Redwood Empire Whiskey :: redwoodempirewhiskey.com
Whiskeys inspired by the great Redwoods of Northern California and for each each bottle sold, the company plants a tree.
Health & Beauty
37) Color the World Lipsticks :: colortheworldlipsticks.com
Vegan and cruelty-free, a portion of the profits are donated to various nonprofits and causes.
38) Hand in Hand Soap :: handinhandsoap.com
Vegan and palm oil-free, for every bar sold, Hand in Hand donates a bar to children in Haiti.
39) Lipslut :: lipslut.com
Lip gloss for political activists and 50% of earnings are donated to charities chosen by you through popular vote.
40) Etee Shop :: shopetee.com
Made of organic cotton, Etees enable you to replace plastic wrap in the kitchen.
41) Happy Blankie :: everythinghappy.com
Premium blankets for children and for every blankie sold, another is donated to a child in need.
42) Lucky Iron Fish :: luckyironfish.com
The Lucky Iron Fish is a cooking tool that adds extra iron to your daily foods or drinks. The company distributes fish and donates to health organizations worldwide.
43) Uncommon Goods :: uncommongoods.com
An extensive collection of household goods and unique gifts. For every purchase, the company donates $1 to nonprofits.
Jewelry & Accessories
44) 4ocean :: 4ocean.com
For every bracelet purchased, one pound of trash is removed from the ocean and coastlines.
45) Fetch Eyewear :: fetcheyewear.com
Stylish eyeglasses and sunglasses – 100% of the profits are donated to animal welfare organizations.
46) Smiling Rocks :: smilingrocks.com
Lab-grown diamond jewelry – 10% of profits are donated to nonprofits.
47) Taaluma Totes :: carryacountry.com
Backpacks and totes for travelers. 20% of profits are microloaned to farmers and small business owners. They repay the loan when they can and we use the repayment to buy more fabric for the next totestarting the cycle again.
48) Tote Project :: thetoteproject.com
A collection of ethically-produced tote bags and pouches. A portion of the proceeds are donated to nonprofits working for the cause of ending and recovering from modern day slavery.