The National Retail Federation expects online holiday sales in the United States to shatter previous records by reaching at least $218.3 billion in 2021. By shopping at any of the 64 online stores listed below, socially conscious and ethical consumers can channel some of their spending power this holiday season into the nonprofit sector and the Greater Good.
Online Stores by Nonprofits
1) ACLU Store :: shop.aclu.org
Proceeds benefit the American Civil Liberties Union, a nonprofit that works to defend the rights and liberties guaranteed by the Constitution and laws of the United States.
2) Amnesty International Store :: shop.amnestyusa.org
Proceeds benefit Amnesty International, a nonprofit that works for the human rights of all people – no matter who they are or where they are.
3) Animals Asia Shop :: shop.animalsasia.org
Proceeds benefit Animals Asia work to end bear bile farming and improving the welfare of animals in China and Vietnam.
4) Art Institute of Chicago Museum Shop :: shop.artic.edu
The Art Institute of Chicago Museum Shop sells unique and beautiful objects from around the world in support of the arts.
5) Audubon Society :: audubon.org/marketplace
Audubon Marketplace gifts are unique and play an important role in protecting our birds and butterflies.
6) Best Friends Animal Society Store :: shop.bestfriends.org
Proceeds benefit the Best Friends Animal Society, a nonprofit working to end the killing in America’s animal shelters through adoption, spay and neuter education, and no-kill initiatives.
7) Electronic Frontier Foundation Shop :: supporters.eff.org/shop
The Electronic Frontier Foundation is the leading nonprofit organization defending civil liberties in the digital world. Perfect gifts for the nonprofit techie!
8) Field Museum Store :: store.fieldmuseum.org
The Field Museum Store offers gifts for those interested in science and cultural, natural, and human history.
8) First Book Marketplace :: fbmarketplace.org
Proceeds benefit First Book, a nonprofit that provides new books and educational resources to schools and programs in low-income communities.
10) Getty Store :: shop.getty.edu
The Getty Store enhances knowledge and appreciation of the arts by providing unique high-quality merchandise and books that reflect the Getty Museum as a whole.
11) Global Goods Partners :: globalgoodspartners.org
Global Goods Partners have partnered with over 60 artisan groups in more than 20 countries throughout Asia, Africa, and the Americas to help bring to market the fair trade, handcrafted products they produce.
12) Heal the Bay :: shop.healthebay.org
Proceeds benefit Heal the Bay, a nonprofit dedicated to making the coastal waters and watersheds of Greater Los Angeles safe, healthy, and clean.
13) Helping Rhinos Shop :: helpingrhinos.org/shop
All purchases help support vital conservation work to save critically endangered rhinos.
14) Human Rights Campaign Nonprofit Store :: shop.hrc.org
100% of net proceeds go directly to support the work of HRC to improve the lives of LGBTQ Americans.
15) Little Market :: thelittlemarket.com
The Little Market is a 501(c)(3), charitable organization founded by women to help alleviate poverty by sourcing their good from artisan groups in over 25 countries.
16) MoMa Design Store :: store.moma.org
Classic modern and cutting edge design products for adults and kids, including items produced exclusively for the Museum of Modern Art (New York).
17) National Park Foundation Gift Shop :: nationalparks.org/gift-shop
The National Park Foundation offer their supporters a great way to show their love for the national parks – while supporting them at the same time.
18) NPR Shop :: shop.npr.org
Every purchase supports NPR programming by purchasing NPR-branded clothing, accessories, and gifts.
19) National Wildlife Federation Store :: shopnwf.org
Purchases support the NWF’s mission to ensure wildlife thrive in a rapidly changing world.
20) PBS Kids Shop :: shop.pbskids.org
From books and DVDs to toys and party supplies, playtime has never been more educational and fun.
21) PETA Shop :: shop.peta.org
All profits from merchandise sales go directly toward supporting PETA’s work for animals.
22) Serrv International :: serrv.org
Serrv International is a nonprofit dedicated to fighting global poverty through fair and ethical trade.
23) SFMOMA Museum Store :: museumstore.sfmoma.org
The SFMOMA Museum Store offers the West Coast’s finest selection of modern and contemporary art books, as well as innovative design objects and furnishings, contemporary jewelry and apparel, toys, and posters and stationery.
24) SHOPdemocracy :: shopdemocracy.cc
All proceeds benefit Common Cause – a nonpartisan grassroots organization with 1.5 million members & supporters dedicated to building a strong democracy & holding power accountable.
25) Sierra Club Store :: store.sierraclub.org
All proceeds go towards helping the Sierra Club promote the responsible use of the earth’s ecosystems and resources.
26) St. Jude Gift Shop :: giftshop.stjude.org
One-of-a-kind gifts designed to help St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital continue to treat and defeat childhood cancer and other deadly diseases.
27) Surfrider Foundation Store :: shop.surfrider.org
100% of profits help fund Surfrider’s mission to protect the world’s ocean, waves and beaches. Products are sustainable and environmentally-friendly.
28) Survival Shop :: shop.survivalinternational.org
All profits go towards helping Survival International fight for the survival of tribal peoples worldwide.
29) Sweet Relief Musicans Fund :: sweet-relief-musicians-fund.myshopify.com
Proceeds aid musicians and music industry workers who are struggling with illness, disease, and age-related problems.
30) Ten Thousand Villages :: tenthousandvillages.com
Shop for unique, handmade gifts from around the world including fair trade baskets, jewelry, and crafts from artisans located in nearly 40 countries.
31) UNICEF Market :: market.unicefusa.org
Proceeds go to both the talented artisans that create the beautifully crafted products in the UNICEF Market and to help UNICEF save and protect children.
32) Wild Animal Sanctuary :: wildanimalsanctuary.org/shop-for-gifts
Proceeds benefit the Wild Animal Sanctuary – the nonprofits that rescued over 150 animals made infamous in the Netflix series, The Tiger King.
33) World Wildlife Fund Gifts :: gifts.worldwildlife.org
Help create a safer world for wildlife, protect amazing places, and build a future where people live in harmony with nature by purchasing a gift from WWF’s Gift Center.
1) Conscious Step :: consciousstep.com
Each pair of socks is uniquely designed, ethically manufactured and partnered with a first-class nonprofit to fund impact for the world’s to-do list: the United Nations Millennium Development Goals.
2) Fair Indigo :: fairindigo.com
Organic, ethically-produced clothing that benefits Peruvian communities where their cotton is grown, their alpacas are herded, and their products are made.
3) Ivory Ella :: ivoryella.com
Apparel for those who love elephants – 10% of the profits are donated to organizations working to sustain elephant populations.
4) Life is Good :: lifeisgood.com
Known for its t-shirts emblazoned with positivity, 10% of net profits are donated to help kids.
5) Shelby Reef :: shelbyreef.com
10% of the proceeds of sales of Shelby Reef’s short and long-sleeved shirts go to help save sharks and clean up our oceans.
6) Skylar Yoo :: skylaryoo.com
Modern feminist apparel that makes a difference – 20% of the profits are donated to nonprofits that empower girls through education.
Food & Drink
1) Elephant Origins :: elephantorigins.com
Ethically sourced tea from Certified Elephant Friendly™ Tea farms that help avoid human/elephant conflict by providing safe passage for elephants.
2) Grounds & Hounds Coffee Company :: groundsandhoundscoffee.com
20% of profits from from Grounds & Hounds goes to support animal rescue organizations. The coffee organic and eco-friendly.
3) ONEHOPE Wine :: onehopewine.com
To date, ONEHOPE Wine has raised nearly $7 million for nonprofits worldwide.
4) Redwood Empire Whiskey :: redwoodempirewhiskey.com
Whiskeys inspired by the great Redwoods of Northern California and for each each bottle sold, the company plants a tree.
5) Rescue Chocolate :: rescuechocolate.com
100% of net profits are donated to animal rescue organizations around the United States.
Health & Beauty
1) Color the World Lipsticks :: colortheworldlipsticks.com
Vegan and cruelty-free, a portion of the profits are donated to various nonprofits and causes.
2) Hand in Hand Soap :: handinhandsoap.com
Vegan and palm oil-free, for every bar sold, Hand in Hand donates a bar to children in Haiti.
3) Lipslut :: lipslut.com
Lip gloss for political activists and 50% of earnings are donated to charities chosen by you through popular vote.
1) Alltrue :: alltrue.com
Every three months, members receive a beautifully illustrated box, stuffed with full-size, socially-conscious products.
2) Etee Shop :: shopetee.com
Made of organic cotton, Etees enable you to replace plastic wrap in the kitchen.
3) Happy Blankie :: everythinghappy.com
Premium blankets for children and for every blankie sold, another is donated to a child in need.
4) Hiptipico :: hiptipico.com
Hiptipico is an ethical fashion brand based in Panajachel, Guatemala showcasing Maya artisans and their handmade creations.
5) Lucky Iron Fish :: luckyironfish.com
The Lucky Iron Fish is a cooking tool that adds extra iron to your daily foods or drinks. The company distributes fish and donates to health organizations worldwide.
6) Ornaments for Orphans :: ornaments4orphans.org
Ornaments 4 Orphans is a fair trade social enterprise dedicated to providing critical support for orphans and vulnerable children in Africa.
7) Uncommon Goods :: uncommongoods.com
An extensive collection of household goods and unique gifts. For every purchase, the company donates $1 to nonprofits.
Jewelry & Accessories
1) 4ocean :: 4ocean.com
For every bracelet purchased, one pound of trash is removed from the ocean and coastlines.
2) Bird + Stone :: birdandstone.com
Perfect for changemakers, Bird + Stone donates 10% of profits to various nonprofits fighting for environmental protection, mental health, and girl’s education.
3) Brave Collection :: thebravecollection.com
All artists work in a free and fair work environment in Cambodia where they are paid above average wages and receive benefits such as health insurance and stipends for their children’s education. 10% of profits are donated to fight human trafficking.
4) Delicacies Jewelry :: delicaciesjewelry.com
Designed for foodies, Delicacies donates 10% of profits to help provide meals to the underserved.
5) Fahlo :: myfahlo.com
By combining a tangible bracelet and interactive tracking experience, Fahlo works educate customers about wildlife and excite them about conservation.
6) Fetch Eyewear :: fetcheyewear.com
Stylish eyeglasses and sunglasses – 100% of the profits are donated to animal welfare organizations.
6) Jewel in Giving :: thejewelingiving.com
12.5% to any nonprofit of your choice listed in Charity in Navigator.
7) Smiling Rocks :: smilingrocks.com
Lab-grown diamond jewelry – 10% of profits are donated to nonprofits.
8) State Bags :: statebags.com
For every bag purchased, STATE supports children and families in need… they donate fully-packed backpacks and fund special projects with partner charities and schools.
9) Taaluma Totes :: carryacountry.com
Backpacks and totes for travelers. 20% of profits are microloaned to farmers and small business owners. They repay the loan when they can and we use the repayment to buy more fabric for the next totestarting the cycle again.
10) Tote Project :: thetoteproject.com
A collection of ethically-produced tote bags and pouches. A portion of the proceeds are donated to nonprofits working for the cause of ending and recovering from modern day slavery.
11) Yoobi School & Craft Accessories :: yoobi.com
For every Yoobi item purchased, Yoobi donates a school supply item to a child in need.